The Manitoba Master Angler Awards program is one of the most respected fishing programs anywhere in Canada. Travel Manitoba is committed to ensuring the program meets the needs of anglers, lodges and outfitters, while meeting its purpose as a promotional, educational, and conservation tool.
In order to maintain the integrity of the program, we have updated program rules to encourage “Fish First” practices and to improve the accuracy of Master Angler entries through new photo requirements. Please read below for changes to the program, which will be effective January 1, 2017.
1. Registered fish must be caught in Manitoba in accordance with provincial angling regulations.
2. Anglers must use a hook and line to make the catch.
3. Photo Requirements:
· All submissions must have a horizontal measurement photo of the entire length of the fish against a ruler, measuring tape or bump board to qualify for a Master Angler Award. An action shot is optional, but highly encouraged.
· We will not accept catches with images showing vertical gill, eye, weigh scale or fish stringer holds.
· We will not accept catches with pictures of frozen fish declared as released.
· We will not accept photos that are thumbnails or a screen capture from a mobile device or desktop computer.
· Photos with blood in them will not be posted on the Master Angler website.
· Please note that all pictures provided will become the property of Travel Manitoba and may be used for publishing on the web site or in published materials.
4. Qualifying fish must be submitted digitally through the Master Angler Awards website, mobile app, or on an official entry form or copy (one fish per entry form). No changes in the length stated on the application form will be accepted.
5. Travel Manitoba will be the sole and final judge as to the acceptance of the entries, and reserves the right to request additional information and requirements as may be deemed necessary in the best interest of the program
6. Although awards are issued throughout the year, the Master Angler Awards annual deadline for publishing purposes is September 30 *Due to the large number of entries received, Travel Manitoba makes no guarantees that entries submitted during the last week of September will be approved before the September 30 deadline.
7. Submissions need to be made within one year of the catch to be eligible for an award.
8. Only one bronze, silver, or gold badge and release crest will be awarded to any one angler, but certificates will be presented for all qualifying fish. Different specialist badges will be awarded for each species (one per species).
We thank you for your support and participation in the Manitoba Master Angler Awards program and for consistently showcasing Manitoba as one of the top sport fishing destinations in North America.
If you have any questions about these or any other Master Angler program rules, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 204-927-7849 or 1-800-665-0040.