Everyone loves the classic “diner-style” fish sandwiches. Although nearly unanimously enjoyed, it doesn’t always make it to the top of the list when cooking up your catch on the fryer. In this HuntFishMB Recipes video, Josh McFaddin introduces this super simple “Diner Style Fried Fish Sandwich” recipe that you can quickly and easily prepare for your friends and family. Josh also adds an awesome tartar sauce recipe that complements this sandwich perfectly.
Check out the full video as well as the written recipe below!
What you’ll need:
- 4 fresh buns
- 4 fresh-caught perch or walleye fillets
- Dry flour-based fish coating/batter
- Try my secret recipe: https://www.catchandcook.net/
- Oil for frying
- Tartar sauce (homemade or bought)
- 4 square slices of cheddar cheese
How to do it:
- Start by deep-frying your coated fish. Check the link for our other recipe here to achieve the best crispy results:
- While the fish is still hot, place the cheese on top.
- Add your tartar sauce to the bottom half of the bun and place the fish fillet on top.
- That is essentially it!
- This sandwich is extremely fast and easy to prepare for multiple people and will add a refreshing option to the standard fish-fry session.
Fresh Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Add a cup of mayo to a small bowl.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and add a pinch of salt + pepper
- Finely dice a couple of pickles and ¼ of an onion.
- Mix it all together and you are done.
- Feel free to add in some other flavours like fresh dill or a small spoonful of dijon mustard.
To find more HuntFishMB Recipes, visit our HuntFishMB Recipes Playlist on YouTube.
For more information on Ice Fishing in Manitoba, visit our Ice Fishing page.
*For More Information on Covid-19 social distancing measures, visit the Manitoba Government Covid-19 website.