Curry Walleye Rice Bowl - HuntFishMB Recipes
Great walleye recipes can be a dime a dozen, but this curry walleye rice bowl dish offers a different take and diverse flavor scheme that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
You can also substitute your favourite curry sauce to meet your spice threshold. Enjoy!
- 3lbs cubed walleye fillets
- 2 cups fish batter
- 2 tbsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- 1 diced garlic clove
- 1 can stir fry vegetable mix
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 cups mild curry sauce
- 4 cups cooked white rice
How to Make It
- Cut walleye fillets into 1” cubes. Place into a medium plastic freezer bag. Add garlic salt, pepper and hot sauce. Mix thoroughly. Add fish batter and shake mixing bag until all cubes are evenly coated with batter.
- Heat butter and 1 cup of olive oil in a large pot. Fry walleye cubes until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain excess oil.
- Heat ½ cup of olive oil in a medium pan. Sauté the green onion, red pepper, stir fry vegetable mix and garlic, until red peppers are soft.
- Combine sautéed vegetables with fried walleye cubes in large pot. Mix in fish and curry sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- Heat pre-cooked rice. Spoon curry walleye over bowl of rice. Top with hot sauce for extra zip.